Sensory Swim Cubs Classes
We know that all little bear cubs are different. We've created Sensory Swim Cubs for cubs with unique sensory needs. This class is perfect for autistic bear cubs, and bear cub's with Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Sensory Processing Disorder, and other sensory needs.
Swim Cubs is an Autism Swim approved swim school. We have completed a specialised training programme which has equipped us with the knowledge, tools, skills and resources to effectively teach your bear cub how to be confident, safe & happy in the water.
- Parent & child classes for age group 2 years - 5 years
- Small classes with a maximum of four bear cubs per class
- Private pool environment for a calm space to learn
- Warm hydrotherapy pool
- We use water therapy, visual aids and sensory swim toys to help your bear cub learn water safety, swimming skills, and most importantly, to grow a love of the water
Enable Ireland hydrotherapy pool, Marino Centre, Church Road, Bray, Co. Wicklow
Autumn term info
- Class Time: 2:00 - 2:30pm
- Class Day: Saturday
- Term cost: €220
- Term length: 10 weeks
- Term Dates: 10th, 17th, 24th September | 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd October | 5th, 12th, 19th November
Join our WAITLIST for our Autumn term starting in September.
Hydrotherapy Swimming Pool
Kept at a temperature of over 32 degrees so it is lovely and warm for your little bear cub. This small pool that is not open to the public during your lessons so the environment is fun, calm and private.
There are plenty of car spaces around the facility.
There are separate male and female changing areas. Space is limited so please leave any car seats or buggies in your car or inside the door. It's a good idea to bring along a changing mat. There are no showers in this facility so please shower at home before and after class.
Family Viewing Area
There’s a designated family viewing area is closed. We hope to open it again in the future when Covid restrictions are eased. When we do, remember, the pool area is very warm so best not wear the winter woollies.
The pool depth for your lesson will be 1.2 meters. All mama and papa bears’ feet will be planted firmly on the pool floor. You do not need to know how to swim to attend our lessons.